About Samer Majzoub; biography,
A prominent activist, well-known community figure, educational administrator, and business strategist, Samer Majzoub remains highly involved in his Canadian-focused work. He is known to be a high-profile advocate and promoter of the well-being of society at large, combating Islamophobia, human rights, inclusion and equality. He is an outspoken activist against racism, hate, and discrimination.
Mr. Majzoub has been at the center in the mobilization movement against racism and Islamophobia for so long. He has advocates societal and political stake holders at the provincial and federal representatives to uphold human rights and fight discriminatory platforms.
Mr. Majzoub has initiated and promoted one of the most successful federal parliament based petitions known as E-411, which collected more than 70,000 signatures asking to condemn Islamophobia in Canada. The success of the petition turned out to be the milestone and main push for momentum to have Islamophobia is treated as a major Canadian concern. The success of the petition has led to greater discussions around the subject matter, which has in turn led to many other major steps to combat Islamophobia and hate across the country.
Moreover, Mr.Majzoub has been very heavily involved in several other campaigns, including promoting for a private motion known by M-103, an appeal to the Canadian Parliament to recognize January 29 as an official day of remembrance for victims of an Islamophobic terrorist attack against the Grand Mosques and as a day of action against Islamophobia.
He frequently publishes his views on his blog and is a regular contributor to the Huffington Post and other outlets. Mr. Majzoub has built media relations skills, and is regularly interviewed by the media in Canada and around the globe including Reuters, Washington Post, BBC, Aljazeera, and others. Mr. Majzoub is a frequent public speaker in panel discussions, hearings and conferences.
As a long-time member of the management at several schools, Mr. Majzoub is also committed to causes that benefit Canadian youth. He co-founded programs that involve youth in civic engagement, sports, and theater. He is a strong believer in women’s empowerment and roles in society. Mr. Majzoub has evolved his public relations abilities to be very effective in outreach to groups, communities, activists, bridge builder, and decision makers at all levels.
Samer Majzoub is a Montreal-based entrepreneur with a university academic background including studying business at Concordia University. Mr. Majzoub possesses accountancy and administration skills, and is able to assist business owners in managing a variety of aspects of financial operations. Among the range of client-focused consulting solutions, Mr. Majzoub provides strategic planning and feasibility studies.
His community service and advocacy work and his professional career have been recognized with several accolades, including the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal, “Influencer 2020 Award”, Canada 150 Community Service Award, two Héma-Québec Organizer Award…And many other recognitions including several professional and career related Excellency Awards.
About Samer Majzoub; “in bullet point”,
- Recipient of Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal for “making great significant contribution to Canada”.
- Recipient of Canada 150 Community Service Award for standing up against discrimination.
- Certificate of Completion; WHAT ARE HUMAN RIGHTS? Issued by United for Human Rights (UHR) May 4 2023.
- Certificate of Completion, Working Together; The Ontario Human Rights Completion Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Dec 2022.
- Recipient of Influencer 2020 Award.
- Recipient of Community Builder Award.
- Recipient of Community Implication Award.
- Recipient of “Unlimited Dedication and Community Contribution Award”.
- Recipient of Community Schools’ Builder Award.
- Recipient of two Héma-Québec, blood drive, Organizer Award, years 2010 and 2020.
- Recipient of many other recognitions for Social Implications awards.
- Recipient of numerous Excellency Accomplishment awards for career success.
- Serving as president and as long-standing board member of Montreal based civic-engagement non-profit association.
- Advocate of civic and positive integration in the society, human rights, equality and fairness amongst all citizens. Promotes civic engagement, women & youth empowerment.
- Freelance writer.
- More than 25 years in the education administrative field. Co-founder of primary and secondary schools. Served as Principal of secondary school for years.
- Establishing soccer team for the West Island youth. Establishing theater for the youth in Montreal.
- Marine Scout leader for 10 years.
- Founder and director of business directory.
- University graduate.
- Business and financial advisor.
- Project management & financial planning.